Saturday, May 3, 2014

What do I do?

I write a post, I like how it looks! Why can't the draft stage look as pretty as the published version! It's computers. Take post down, edit it, repost 3 days later. (Repeat)

Starting to let things go, looking for short projects. Beginning, middle, end, let it go. Enter the digestion phase. I've had my share of Beginning, middle... neglected projects.

It's the sorting out of the ideas, the narrowing of potential directions.

I roller bladed to yoga. Just munch on that.

My kid rollerblades, from teenage years. New leaves starting to show, mini neon fractals! Birds, early morning drivers squinting. Got approbation from white haired pompadour hispanic dude pushing 80, a real treat. Got lots of howdies.

At the yoga class, I'm the only student. People want to talk to me a lot, want me to talk to them! I'm a big giant solitary only child who's developed a habit of internal amusement. So, realizing this, I make an effort. Start opening up.

I think that's why I liked the movie Amelie so much- it was sort of a catalogue of how the joys of a solitary childhood cary into adult imagination.

The teacher says at one point that these stretches are naturally detoxing. "See you're already undoing some of the damage from this weekend." WOW prophetic... our culture is so proud of it's toxicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment